8th Day Adventure is a membership-based sport, adventure and social club.
The two people behind the club are Ross and Tom, and we're into all manner of adventure sports (favourites being skiing, surfing, windsurfing, mountain biking, kiteboarding, random stuff we've not tried before, and stupidly long and absurd runs), but just like you we previously struggled to find the time to organise it, let alone then find and coordinate other friends to join us. Well, not anymore.
The club is all about making the most of your spare time and having a laugh. We don't take anything too seriously and you don't have to be fit to take part. That said when you've got a group of 20-60 people on a weekend away or holiday you're pretty sure to always find a few others who are of the same experience as you, whether a complete beginner or an experienced and certified adrenalin junkie!
Most importantly everyone wants to have a good time, so the atmosphere is always great, and as a group we're really welcoming to new people - on average I'd say most events are made up of about half 'regular' members and half 'newbies', so it's always a nice mix and easy to get to know people.
There are events on almost every day, and for events involving travel we always try and car-share, which seems to work out almost all the time (though no guarantees!!)
So take a good look at the events section and see if you fancy any of it, and if you'd like to come and find out a bit more without committing too much time or money, then why not pop into our monthly social to see what we're all about and who's involved? Details on the events section.
So that's it in a nutshell, but the points below are just a couple more reasons to join up!
- We'll save you time (we source both the event and a good group)
- More money in your pocket due to the group discounts on holidays and events where possible
- Unique events and opportunities
- Motivation (easy access to events and also from our 'last minute' emails for weekends and evenings)
- Inspiration (loads of stuff organised you may never have known was possible!)
- The chance to meet new and like-minded people
- A whole new network - who says you can't mix business and pleasure?
- Exclusive discounts from 8th Day Adventure partners and suppliers
- Receive a monthly e-newsletter
- Receive email alerts with all the latest events and last-minute deals
- Be able to suggest activities/sports you want to do and we'll try and organise them
- Becoming a member and taking advantage of all these benefits is just £14 a month, or £40 a quarter! To put it into context, it's cheaper by half than a gym, and offers so much more.
Still need convincing?
Come along to one our monthly pub meetings (check the events pages for details), or give us a call and we'd be happy to talk to you. You can also register for free to receive details of forthcoming events and opportunities - and we won't pass on your details to anyone else...even if they beg!!
We look forward to welcoming you to 8th Day UK.
Ross Williams & Tom Day.