8th Day UK Limited (trading as 8th Day Adventure) (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and providing you with a safe online experience.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions), and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The data controller is 8th Day UK Ltd of 8 Hillside Road, Surbiton, Surrey, KT5 8DR.
Our privacy commitments
We will only collect, keep, use and share Personal Data for legitimate business purposes that we explain here below, or if we’re legally required to do so.
We will be as clear and open as we can with you on what Personal Data we collect and how it will be processed.
For as long as we maintain records of your Personal Data, we will keep it up to date and protect it with appropriate safety measures.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Personal data collected directly from you through the subscription and/or booking process: your name, phone number, postal address and email address. Our legal basis for the collection and processing of this data is the legal obligation of the provision to you of the services purchased by you.
Personal data collected automatically from the use by you of the Sites. The data transmitted from your browser includes your IP address, the date and time of the visit the pages accessed, the access status/HTTP status code, your browser, your operating system and interface, as well as the language and version of the browser software. The legal basis for collecting and processing this personal data is to be able to operate the Sites and provide you with access to the pages you wish to access.
Personal data collected directly from you in consenting to receive our newsletter. Our legal basis for using this data is that it is in our legitimate interests.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
* To operate the website and to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
* To provide you with products or services that you request from us (for example our newsletter) or which we feel may interest you and to provide you with information regarding other products and services available from us and our affiliates, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. This will include using your email address at times in an ‘open’ email for specific events, where all those attending can share information such as car-share or train times and for the Host to also contact everyone. It will never be used in a newsletter situation to the club or our database at large.
* To contact you with surveys for you to complete to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
* To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
* To contact you on behalf of third parties about a particular service that may be of interest to you. In this case, your personal information will not be transferred to the third party.
* To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
* To review usage patterns to determine which services are the most popular. This information is then used to deliver customised content and advertising within this site to particular areas of interest.
* To notify you about changes to our service.
* We may also use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you , to provide customer support, to arrange for deliveries and to help us perform statistical analysis and we or they may contact you about these by email or post.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
We do not sell, rent or lease our customer lists to third parties.
We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion or political affiliation without your consent.
Communications and Marketing:
We may contact you by email and telephone to let you know about our events and activities (and we may also mention those of third parties, particularly where they are collaborating with us or sponsoring our events) that might be of particular interest to you, and also about any retail offers and promotions. We provide the opportunity for you to opt-out from receiving our marketing communications every time we contact you in this manner.
You can opt-out from receiving our marketing communications, or update your contact preferences at any time by emailing:
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer hardware and software including where available your IP address, operating system, browser type, domain names and referring website addresses for the operation of the service, to maintain the quality of the service and to provide general statistics regarding the use of our site.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
* To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
* To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
* To speed up your searches and save you time.
* To recognise you when you return to our website, or a specific page on our website.
Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) also places cookies on your computer, to enable Google to provide us with activity reports relating to the Sites. Google uses this data only to provide us with information on how users use the Sites and does not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. The information generated by Google cookies about your use of the platform (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. You may refuse these cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser or by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under
8th Day Adventure will not sell your information. We will not share your information with any third party except as stated in this Privacy Notice or as required to operate the Sites, provide our services to you and administer your account.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through 8th Day Adventure public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others
We use third party processors to collect, export, process and store Personal Data on our behalf. The processors we use currently are the following:
Payment Processor: Paypal,
Payment Processor: Sage Pay,
Payment Processor: Stripe, located in the U.S. Privacy Shield Certified
CRM Tool: Constant Contact,
E-Commerce Tool: Woocommerce,
Cloud Storage: Google Drive,
Social Media Platform: Facebook, some data centres located in the U.S. Privacy Shield Certified.
Survey Tool: Survey Monkey, located in the U.S. Privacy Shield Certified.
Web Management Tools: Google Analytics, located in the U.S. Privacy Shield Certified.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where we keep Personal Data files on local devices these devices are protected and accessible only to authorised 8th Day Adventure employees.
We keep personal data for as long as there is a need to keep it in connection with the purposes for which it was collected. We may keep your personal data after a particular matter or exchange has concluded but purely for record keeping purposes and to be able to respond to queries. In some cases, we are also obliged to retain your personal data to comply with legal or statutory obligations (for example, to keep records of contractual or financial matters).
In the event that you ask us to stop sending you marketing communications, we will retain certain details, such as your name and email address, but only to ensure that you are not contacted again.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
* In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
* If all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
* If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us or our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Your Rights in Relation to Personal Data
You can update your subscription preferences or unsubscribe from our marketing communications at an time by following the link in the footer of the last email you received
You have the right to update and correct the personal information on your account. You also have the right to request from us all personal information that we hold that relates to you, to request restriction of the processing of that data and to request that we delete that data. Where allowed by applicable law there may be an administrative charge for supply of copies of data and we may also require you to provide us with appropriate identification before we comply with this request. You also have the right to object to our continued processing of your personal data. You may also have the right to data portability. If you have a complaint about the way in which we use your personal information you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner www.ico.gov.uk.
You can contact us with questions about the personal information we hold about you using the contact information provided in the contact us section of this privacy notice.
Removing Your Data From Our Website
You may have your registration details removed at any time. To remove these details please go to your profile section under the ‘my account’ section of the website, or contact us by email at
Data Protection Information
You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioners website at .